This little 1 manual 5 rank organ is suspected to have been built by Boston organ builder John Roberts around 1857. The organ was apparently built originally for the music room or parlor of a private home. It served in churches in Fryeburg and Portland, Maine for many years. It was restored to include locating a period Hautbois stop to replace one that had been discarded at some point in the organ's past. The restoration also included the careful undoing of some crude alterations that had been made to the elegant case of the organ.