First Congregational-Christian Church
New Gloucester, Maine
This 1857 George Stevens organ was renovated during the Summer of 1999. The primary focus of the project was to judiciously and unintrusively expand the pedal from 13 to 25 notes. The replacement pedal board, rollerboard and extension pipes were from another less fortunate Stevens organ and all the original parts and pieces were preserved and stowed inside the organ. The organ was also given a top to bottom cleaning to remove a thick layer of mold growing on all the inner surfaces. The organ was rededicated on November 21, 1999.